The new Jacksons Real Food Market Kyalami
Hee Ha! Giddy up, Saddle up and come take a ride with us – Our second branch has opened its doors in Kyalami, and we can’t be more proud!
The brand new Jacksons Real Food Market, Kyalami, has opened its doors to the public on Thursday 9 November 2017, at the newly developed Kyalami Corner shopping centre. It was a much anticipated opening and the team has put in an immense effort – to bring to the area, the first REAL HONEST FOOD market.
With more than 300 small suppliers as part of our supply chain, we believe that supporting our small, local businesses brings a bright future of community driven, job creation.
“We only support passionate small farmers who practice old fashion, organically grown or reared methods. We believe in food in it’s purest state. Educating the consumer and quality go hand in hand. We want you to know how it was grown or raised, How it was treated or farmed and where it’s from.” – Gary Jackson
The new impressive Jacksons Real Food Market Kyalami, has it all.
Fresh Foods Market, inspired by Afro European Outdoor Markets
- Organic produce section from local farmers
- An in house florist to assist customers with gifts or bouquets
Read about the locally focused organic assurance system, that brings organic produce to our plates…
Grass Fed Meats
- Pasture raised, grass fed beef.
- Free range, pasture raised lamb.
- Outdoor reared, GMO free chicken.
- Sustainable and line caught, fresh fish.
- Smoked bacon and charcuterie bar.
Want to know more about our awesome Beef Farmers? Read about it here…
Outdoor reared Eggs
- Our layer hens are never caged and the chickens are fed a varied diet.
- Farmer Angus and Eddies Eggs’ egg laying hens, are fed a GMO free diet.
- Duck and quail eggs also available.
If you are in search of the best eggs in Jozi, we have you covered. Read more about our eggs here.
Nutrient dense Dairy
- Our milk is from pasture raised cows, rSTB hormone free.
- Our milk also has a thick layer of cream on it, just like the old days.
- All our yogurt is traditionally handmade on small farms.
- Most of our cheese are local and includes raw, unpasteurized options.
Not all milk is equal…Read about our nutritious dairy offering here.
The Bread Wall
- Our famous long fermented sourdough is available freshly baked or frozen for home baking in a variety of flavours.
- We have a range of low carb and gluten free breads.
No wonder everybody is raving about our bread. Click to read why.
Real Food Dry Goods
- Low GI, Carb Conscious, Paleo, Vegan and Low sugar sections.
Plant based options
- We have a full range of plant based products, from cheese to mock meats, yogurts and much more.
Home ready gourmet meals
- Fresh and frozen options of gourmet meals, made with clean ingredients, for busy families
Jacksons Kyalami Store Design
Our Interior decor team has used recycled and antique materials to design and manufacture all our tables, chairs and decor in our markets. One of our main features at both stores are our virtual plant walls, giving a breath of fresh air to the interior and perfect for a photo background!
We are currently in the process of setting up an Urban Farm on our terrace over at Kyalami, and this will in time be a “working farm” where customers can learn about seasonal planting and will be able to pick their own freshly grown produce right from the soil.
The market is spacious and easy navigable with a stunning wooden wrap around biltong counter, that features our pasture raised meats and charcuterie fridge cases on both sides. The walk through of the market is designed to add a pleasant shopping experience with enough room to pause, be amazed, and learn more about our products and suppliers.
Gary and Neil Jackson, the founder’s of Jacksons Real Food Markets, has 25 years retail experience and is an independent and dynamic small business owner, and is very passionate about eating real, clean food.
“It’s all about keeping customers thrilled and exceeding their wildest expectations. We want to inspire positive change and make everyone aware of conscious eating. The more the customer knows about the product the better. We want to bring back traditional cooking methods and help Moms, Dads and kids be better cooks.” – Gary Jackson.
Jackson’s Eatery with breathtaking views over the Kyalami landscape, offers comfortable seating and a wholesome, real food menu with even more healthy options than before. We are sure your dining experience will amaze all, from our little eaters to real food aficionados. Check out our new Summer Menu here.
The Jacksons Kyalami Eatery offers:
- Breakfast, lunch and early dinner.
- Rustic sandwiches, wraps and burgers – all come with a healthy twist.
- Low Carb Cakes, French Pastry offerings and Homemade Ice Cream.
- Low Carb/Keto pizzas made from our new pizza oven.
- Origin Coffee Bar – local roasted, organic coffees available as you like it.
- Juice and Smoothie Bar – with a super-food and low sugar focus.
Why Jacksons #realhonestfood is the bee’s knees.
With the highlight on price, value and nutrient dense foods – Jackson’s is setting the bar very high to making good food a right for each customer, as opposed to a privilege.
With the focus on non factory and mass production of produce and livestock, Jackson’s avoid supporting feedlot or pesticide using farmers. We are showcasing dedicated small farmers and producers with ethical and sustainable farming practices, in turn opening a gateway of quality and availability to the public, like no other retail chain in Africa.
Jackson’s mission to aid local, sustainable small businesses is the key to improve and support unemployment, encourages entrepreneurship and help build an economic hub within the community.
- Jacksons uses a CO 2 refrigeration system which is environmentally friendly and very efficient on electricity.
- LED lighting throughout the store.
- The cleaning range used in store are environmentally friendly.
- Our terrace garden is taking shape and will soon provide the eatery with truly local produce.
We are just so excited for everyone to join us and our friendly staff at the Jacksons Real Food Market Kyalami. See you there!
Jacksons Real Food Market Kyalami
Crn Main and R55
Mon – Sat: 7am – 9pm
Sun and public holiday: 7am – 4pm
Kyalami Tel: 011 463 1598